• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

power locks/ electric seats

nickPRO

NAXJA Forum User
hello all!! the last couple of days ive been having a problem with my power locks. It all started when my keyless entry only unlocked so i had to lock the doors manually from inside the xj. but now it doesnt even lock from the switch! could it be a fuse? also the motor on my electric seats for forward/backward motion only works intermitantly. any thoughts? i searched but couldnt find anything

thanks!

I had/have the same problem with my 98 XJ, or at least it sounds like the same problem.

The keyless entry would lock, but not unlock, sometimes. If I pressed it enough times, lock/unlock, it would unlock.

When it wouldn't I would use the key to let myself in and then toggle the lock/unlock on the door multiple times until it started working.

It seems to happen more during warmer weather.

Recently I replaced the front speakers, and I stopped having this problem.

Part of replacing the speaker was to remove the the panel from the driver's side door. I had to disconnect the driver's control module (windows, door locks).

I think this is what fixed it.

Pop the door panel off. Try a contact cleaner where it attaches to the power lock/power window control module.

Failing that you may have to replace that module.

Of course this may not be your problem at all. My problem would come and go. If yours just doesn't work, then it could be a fuse.

thanks for the info! i tried doing that this afternoon but no change! anyone else have any ideas what could this be?

Back