• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Detroit EZ Locker ???

kenny811

NAXJA Forum User
So I installed a Detroit EZ Locker and It makes the most insane “bang”. Feels like the whole front end is coming apart. So I call the engineer at Eaton, he tells me take it out it’s a piece of shit. I call the manager from where I bought it he tells me that bang is very normal. Every locker does it. Now I know that’s not true. Anyone else had this problem? I bought it because I got a killer deal on front & rear. I will be calling Aussie Monday morning.

Thanks for your input.

no experience with a specifically detroit ez locker, but pretty much every other lunchbox locker will bang so loud you should swear you left parts on the ground when it unloads. i'm not super familiar with it, but i think it's done in the style of the lock right, rather than the no-slip. the lock right rolls over itself and clicks when disengaged, but the no-slip completely disengages... anyway, lock rights are way louder and really scary than the no slip. my buddy has a lock right in the rear of his tacoma and it's scary the first time you feel it unload. so, if you know you installed it correctly, it's just the nature of the beast. if you're that worried, take it out, sell it on ebay, get an aussie and be done with it (assuming you have the d30 still)

Back