• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wheel spacers

mitsumotors

NAXJA Forum User
i have a 3" lift on my xj and 31" bfg a/t's. I am putting bushwacker fender flares on but will it look strange to have big fenderflares with small tires? I was thining of using wheel spacers to push the wheels out a bit so they look better. does this sound like it will work or will it still look weird?

well, right now with only 3" of lift, the 31's look good, but i'm thinking that the big flares will make them look tiny. but spacers might fix that. what do you think?

just remember the more you move the tire out the more leverage you give it on the ball joints and unit bearings. I run a 1.5 inch spacer in my front and defiantly can tell when it is there vs when I take it out.

33's with 4.5" of lift. No spacers. Don't know what the back spaceing is on the wheels if any.

jeep2.jpg

jeep1.jpg

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh68/trailratethis/jeep2.jpg

IMO BW will make the 31's look extremely small I wouldnt do it. Even with wheel spacers it will look pretty funny.

To trail rate this: you have 4" or less of BS.

Simple solutions:

1. Don't put the fender flares on.
2. Get a wider tire!

What your therapist told you is wrong! Bigger is always better! ;)

i think i'm going to go to 33" tires then. will they fit on my stock wheels? also, i'm guessing that i will need new axles for the 33's since right now i have the dana 30/35 combo. what is the easiest axle to swap in and what gears do i need?

lol, you noticed that too.

Back