• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

manual oil pressure gauge

chadd_raylee_389@h

NAXJA Forum User
i want to put a manual oil pressure gauge on my jeep because my gauge is acting funny. i want to leave the regualor gauge working so i can compair pressures. how do i plumb it in. where do i get oil pressure from on the engine that will be correct

chadd_raylee_389@h said:
i want to put a manual oil pressure gauge on my jeep because my gauge is acting funny. i want to leave the regualor gauge working so i can compair pressures. how do i plumb it in. where do i get oil pressure from on the engine that will be correct

I have a T fitting plumbed in at the OEM sensor location - use 1/8" NPT fittings.

I put a "shutoff quick-connect" on the T fitting so I can plug in my mechanical gage for annual checks. I don't like having pressure lines running into the cabin, but I don't like trusting my gage, either (and this way I can even connect/disconnect the gage with the engine running, if I want to check it that way. I only lose about three drops of oil doing it that way.)

ok so i put a oil pressure gauge in the jeep today and found out some interesting things. at cold start up the electric gauge reads 40 psi. manual 50 psi. as it warms up the pressure slowly drops at a idle. gets to operating temp. and the electric readys 20 psi. manual reads 15psi. when i bring the rpms to about 2000. the electric reads about 27. manual about 40. so what i want to know now is the manual sound about right. its got 210000 miles on it and figure it will have a little lower pressure and that is fine but my electric gauge when hot sometimes will drop to 0 from 20 and jump around. that is why i put the manual gauge on. so should i beleive the electric gauge or the manual gauge

Back