• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

color match paint?

AaronJXJ

NAXJA Forum User
a few weeks back durring an attempted recovery of my 2001 silver xj classic a tow line snapped and a metal hook (i know i shouldent be using these straps but it was all that was available at 1 am in the pouring rain) luckily no one was hurt, well that is no one but my xj, the hook dented and removed the paint right above my windshield, its now starting to rust and i wasnt to paint it (to match) to prevent the rust spot from getting out of hand, also because it is an eye sore, i can live with the dent but i was wondering how i could find, or if anyone has the color code so i can pick up some toouch up paint, i appreciate your help
AaronJXJ

you can go down to your jeep dealer and tell them your vin# and get a paint pen for 5 bucks or so

Carquest also mixes factory colors in aerosol cans (at least most of them do). They will have the paint codes in their color chip books.

kmanxj5050 said:
garr have you used this if so how did it match up and were you satisfied?

Yes, After installing my Nates bumpers & ARB air compressor I used it to touch up wherever I drilled a hole & to paint the nates Front bumper frame tie ins to match the rest of the vehicle, The color was a perfect match to my 01 Silver Xjs paint.

I got the aerosol can from the dealer. yoou might need to put a clear coat on top to get the shinny efffect and protect the area.

Back