• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jennifer's '91

Re: Lets see your Rigs, RRC!

Ian got LUCKY on that deal. Jennifer traded her Yukon for that XJ. So it IS hers. Now he has to "upgrade" his so he doesn't get the "little man syndrome"

1986XJIan said:
XJs.jpg

She's got herself a sweet ride! So,... when you gonna catch up? :rof:

1986XJIan said:
Maybe I should just LET her drive mine and drive hers for her until she gets use to things. :laugh:

RIIIIIIIIIIGHT! LET her drive yours...? :greensmok What ya smokim'?

I bet you will be lucky if she LETS you drive hers. :passgas:

Shhhh...MrsGoodBurbon...don't tell HER that!!! :jester:

It is parked in my driveway though...and I'm using it as a DD until I get mine (or my car) sorted out.

Someone asked for the specs on it, so....

1991 Cherokee
Rusty’s 6.5” Long Arm
35” Maxxis Bighorn’s 90% tread
15” Eagle Alloy’s
ConFerr Roof rack
JKS Disconnects
Rusty’s Adjustable Trac Arm
Diff Guards
Slip Yoke Eliminator
3 Core Radiator
Rusty’s Steering Conversion
Locker’s front and rear
Re- geared to 4.10’s

At least that's what was in the ad. I'll be damned if I can find lockers (or a way to activate them) anywhere. I can assume that it is a locked full time, but that would be different from lockers in my mind.

Now, if I can just find some place close to home to play with it.

xxmidianxx said:
Ian got LUCKY on that deal. Jennifer traded her Yukon for that XJ. So it IS hers. Now he has to "upgrade" his so he doesn't get the "little man syndrome"

Hey! Back off buddy! I know who wears the pants in my relationship. :laugh3:

They might be aussie lockers or loc-right. Take off the diff. covers and look.

Yeah, Katys jeep has lockers front and rear too, that's how we were able to keep up with the big boy group ;) Both autolockers, no buttons to push.

What rear axle is that Ian? A locked d-35 on 35 Maxxis bighorns is begging to be broken.

Alloys 760x joints and a light foot and the 30 will be ok-ish.

Or see if you can find some 32-33" tires while you keep an eye out for bigger axles.

Or.....the unthinkable...just don't wheel.

goodburbon said:
Alloys 760x joints and a light foot and the 30 will be ok-ish.

Or see if you can find some 32-33" tires while you keep an eye out for bigger axles.

Or.....the unthinkable...just don't wheel.

I think her plans are to downgrade to 33's after the 35's wear out.

I'm not trying to discount what you are saying because I truly have no clue or basis for this discussion, and, regardless of the ultimate tire size selection, I agree that the axles need to be upgraded. The builder of the rig supposedly did quite a bit of off-roading with it with no problems. How well it actually handles, and survives, off-road remains to be seen.

I will try to get her to get her own membership here and gather information so that she can make an informed decision. Thanks for the input and advice!

Ian

My experience has been this.

I have seen a rig on 36" IROKs survive on a d-30 front end, then break in a bad spot and end up in a rollover.

I have seen plenty of rigs running a d-30 with 35's and 33's.

I have broken my d-30 4 times on 33's, but I have not broken any alloy shafts or 760X joints, only ring gears since those shafts were upgraded.

The trick seems to be to lock it and wheel gently. KNOW that you have a very breakable axle/tire combination and don't push it. I'm not a wheel gently kind of guy apparently.

Oh, I'm definitely not against changing the axles or the tires! Let's fact it, the difference between the 33's and 35's isn't THAT great anyway!

Besides, I don't really like the idea of the 35's with the 4:10 gears, and I'd much rather change tire sizes then upgrade to 4:88 gears.

Although, I have found a Dana 44 from an XJ for sale for $300. :spin1: Of course, again I'm back to changing gears.....errr...I mean SHE'S back to changing gears! :laugh3:

I'll do a partial trade on some 33's if you're interested.

Partial on my part of course. With some cash.

Back