• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

hard wiring stereo

Kiefer316

NAXJA Forum User
okay im having problems hardwiring my stereo is there a special way when i have it connected its all on even when the key isn't turned on. any help?

i switched them around twice... and then there is the blue and white which is the dimmer one i put it to the power and it stays on im really confused?

The orange wire is the dimmer wire.
The blue and white wire is remote turn on... DO NOT hook that to power..

Hook the red wire to switched and the yellow wire to constant. Do not hoot the blue wire to anything...

Did you cut the harness already? What year is yer junk?

Here:

audio_wiring.jpg

These are the factory colors in some Jeeps. Not sure about yours. I think this is for a '90

Constant 12V+ Pink
Switched 12V+ Purple/Orange
Ground Black
Illumination Orange/Black
Dimmer Dark Blue/White
Left Front (+) Green
Left Front (-) Black/Yellow
Right Front (+) White
Right Front (-) Black
Left Rear (+) Green/White
Left Rear (-) Brown/White
Right Rear (+) White/Black
Right Rear (-) Brown

The diagram I posted is of the radio harness, not the car harness.

Hook the yellow wire to the pink wire.
Hook the red wire to the purple/orange wire.
Black - Black

Be careful about just hooking wire together... The radio won't last with much of that. Please, for your saftey, use butt connectors and not electrical tape...

also im just making is so i can mark all the wires so i can get the butt connectors thats what i was plannin on doin...but thanks for the heads up

Albino Krikit said:
one more ? what do i connect the dimmer wire to?

I never connect the dimmer wire... but if you feel the need... connect the dark blue/white wire to the orange wire on the radio. I suppose you know that it simply dims your radio display when your headlights are on... I don't like that.

electrical tape isnt THAT bad - better than duct tape!

oh and the dimmer - bleh- dont worry about it i have never really seen anyone hook it up anyways... most headunits will have a brightness control anyways

Back