• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bent sway bar bracket question

xj-boonie

NAXJA Forum User
Working on the junkyard XJ HP D30 that I'm putting in, stripping off the control arms and tie rods and brakes. One of the sway bar brackets is bent - passenger side. What's going to be the easiest way to straighten it out? I don't have a torch - only propane - or a welder. The end is twisted/bent about 30 degrees from the part that's welded to the coil seat. I'll post a pic in a bit but gotta eat supper first.

Thanks,
mike

skip the torch and just beat the damn thing with a bfh I bend mine at least once a run and bend it back to put my sway bar links back on...
themud

Ditto, Ive tweeked mine back in shape with a BFH and pipewrench.

both my hammer and pipe wrench must not be big enough, cause it didn't move at all. Of course, I did loose some effect as the whole axle would move not being attached to the jeep. So I drilled a 1/2" hole in the end of a 2x3 4' long angle iron (was a bumper on a parts CJ i had for a bit) and bolted it up to the existing hole, and bent her back to almost perfect. :) I'll post pics later, but I've gotta get cleaned up for work.

Mike

Back