• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear window washer question ?

desertrandy

NAXJA Forum User
I decided to fix the crack on my window washer bottle on my 92 Cherokee and when I pulled it out I discovered two pumps on it. I followed one line to the front windshield and the other hose snaked all the way back to the rear hatch on the passenger side roof. A little further investigation revealed all the wiring in place to install a switch and rear wiper motor. I have decided to go ahead and install some junk yard parts and have a working rear wiper.
My question for all of you who have this factory set-up is where does the hose exit the body. There is a block off plate at the roof line opposite the drivers side that has a wiring bundle in it. Does the hose just run thru the gromet on this block off plate or is there some kind of fitting where the hose from inside plugs in and another hose outside plugs in and runs through the rear hatch. Thanks.

my 2000 has two openings at the top center of the rear hatch..the rear wiper hose runs from the body thru the passenger side opening at te top of h door and then down around the rear window to the passenger side....when it reaches the wiper motor there is a plug in fitting piece that it connects to and then a short jumper hose on the outside provides the final push to/up the arm..

When you open the hatch, you'll see the wiring bundle under the left hinge. The washer hose goes through under the right hinge. From there it snakes down inside the hatch to the washer motor (which is just above the license plate). The washer motor has a nozzle which feeds a small piece of tubing that is inside the wiper arm.

Back