• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cat Converter

SuperRoo

NAXJA Forum User
I need to replace the cat on my '88 model, as that year is hard to track down here in Britain and if i do manage to find someone the "Rip of Britain" shops are asking at least £200+ (around $400 USD). So, I thought I'd bring one in from the USA. Looking at the JC Whitney site, they quote "EXCLUDING CA. Note: W/O AIR CONNECTOR" - http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Product/tf-VehicleBrowse/s-10101/Pr-p_Product.CATENTRY_ID:2006219/p-2006219/N-111+1988+200004010+600007695/c-10108/reviewflag-1#review

My jeep is in fact a California model, so what exactly does "excluding CA" mean? Do I need one with an air connector?

The truck almost failed its emissions last time, and the previous owner must have removed the cat at some point (outback farmer). Since I'm based in London at present, the new emissions reg's will probably fail me this time for sure.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1988 Cherokee Laredo 4.0L 4WD Auto.......

CA has some seriously strick smog laws. It probably means the cat wont pass a CA emmisions test. But as far as being not right for the car, it wouldnt have been made specifically for that state I dont belive.

Other than the difference in the Cat itself for California, does anyone know whether fitting this one won't effect any other sensors? I don't want it to arrive in London and after fitting it, find it effects other senses. Thanks heaps guys for all your input so far, I just need to get this right (in my mind) before i order it, otherwise it could be a long swim:laugh3:

Back