• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What to do 99xj... Retread question also.

summitlt

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 99 XJ, I was planning on getting new tires soon. Front two still have some life, rears are gone. I was planning on replacing the rears with some of the retread mudterrains. So then i would have to stick with 235's.

Id like to goto 30's but not sure if the performance loss and mileage loss would be worth it.

I drive 50 miles a day starting in september. Im looking to make it a little more capable. And everywhere I go that ive been stuck in, a better tire would have been all i needed to keep me going.

I cant hurt mileage if I can help it, but im sick of getting stuck in dirt driveways.

Or do I stick with 235's and throw in a locker

IMO a locker with 235's (assuming they are street tires) probably won't get you far. Lockers are money well spent, but with street tires they won't make as much difference. I would say get the tires and learn how to offroad it without lockers. Then when you get lockers you will be that much better driver.

Back