• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Quadratec hassle

Mstrkage

NAXJA Forum User
I ordered a quadratec EMPI carb for my 84 cherokee and during installation the adapter plate threads stripped out with very little torque. I called quadratec and they said they would send me a new adapter kit from weber. That was three weeks ago and I haven't heard or recieved anything from them. I have emailed them and they don't reply, I would call them everyday but thier customer service is closed when I get off work.
I am quite frustrated because my jeep is down waiting on this part.
Does anyone know where I can get just the adapter plate, every website I have found wants me to buy the whole kit and carburetor.
Does anyone know how much it might cost to have a machine shop make one?
Anyways I'm just frustrated and this is my rant!

Can you not repair the threads with heli-coil or something of that nature at least unti they get your part? One of the guys on here works at Quadratec, it may be Ghost Dakota, although I'm not certain. Perhaps he would be able to help you out.

It didn't bugger up the threads when it stripped, it completely took the threads out. If I tapped it I would have to tap it to a bigger size and bigger stud that wouldn't fit the carb.
When I said the adapter plate stripped it was the threads the hold the carb studs in that stripped.
In all honesty when I did have a chance to call quadratec the guy on the phone was polite and sounded helpful. Said he'd get ahold of weber to get me the adapter kit. It's just that it was three weeks ago and I haven't recieved anything. No part, and no word of it being shipped. I don't want to start an I hate quadratec thread, because I don't, yet:)

Heli-coils look awesome, (just googled them) I didn't know of anything other than a tap and die set. I'll try to find a set locally.

If they can help me that would be awesome, but at this point I am just trying to figure out any way to get it to work. After work I am going to look for some heli coils.

I got heli coils and they worked perfect. The heep now runs, carb still needs tuned and I need to figure out a way to get the air cleaner housing to work, but it already idles and runs smoother
Thanks Guys

Back