• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

how much does you jeep weigh?

userbmx1315

NAXJA Forum User
i was at the srap yard a few weeks ago and got my jeep weighed. my jeep weighted 3790lbs. this has to be normal, but i want to know what everyone elses jeep weights?, my jeep has a 5.5 lift and a custom bumper (before the 8274), full size rack and my subs in the back.

userbmx1315 said:
how bad does your motor lack when you give it gas?

Well, I just regeared to 4.56 and added the 35s and I haven't driven it yet. So I don't really know. When it had 33s and 3.55 I could out-run lil honda civics at a redlight. So I feel like it will do great! So, to answer your question to the best of my ability, not much.

Just curious--would I have a better chance getting mine weighed at the scrap yard or the truck scale on the highway?

i'm at 32s and 3.55, lookin at 33'-35s, but regearing is a must and cash is and its down, i'm on budget builds on everything, how much did it cost to regear? my jeep slacks a lil after the rack bigger lift and spare on top and my subs.

I bought an 8.8 that was already geared and locked and bought a new gear set for the front for 150 and a install kit for 50. I'll be installing it myself.

i'm looking at adding; drop brackets, bigger tires/spare wheels and, skids. my jeep will prob. lack. looking into regearing but dont have the $$$. thought about doing it myself but dont have all the tools. can buy them but its a one time use thing.

userbmx1315 said:
i'm looking at adding; drop brackets, bigger tires/spare wheels and, skids. my jeep will prob. lack. looking into regearing but dont have the $$$. thought about doing it myself but dont have all the tools. can buy them but its a one time use thing.

Yeah. As mucha s I change my mind I feel sure I'll use all my tools again. I love having tools!

i use my dads tools. just bought a welder a month or two ago, and oxy/act torch, now looking at dial indicators, and a few others, were can i get a dial ind. locally? sears didnt have one, and didnt see one at northern.

Mine weighed in at 3420 with 7/8 tank of gas, spare removed, everything not attached to the Jeep left at home and me not in it. Still 200 pounds lighter than a TJ or even a Mustang. That was with steel wheels, 235/75/15 street tires and that's bout it...

Back