• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My Problems

XJ Stryker

WHO DAT!
Well i started my Jeep Project about a two weeks ago

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=945280

And i am having several problems.

The search engine here is not great so instead of posting a new thread everytime i run into one. (I will search of course) Becuase i have found a few by searching. :D But anyway here is my newest problem

I have to put in a new Radiator my radiator has a tranny cooler on it. Is this a separate item or do i have to make sure my radiator has a tranny cooler on it. I found a radiator for cheap and before i shell out the cash i want to make sure i have all i need. Any input on short cuts for doing a tranny would also be great. Thanks.

Tranny cooler is built into the rad if it's for an automatic.

your rig will run cooler if you get the tranny cooler separated.

get yourself an aftermarket tranny cooler

It runs great for an 87. I am mainly concerned with just getting this thing running great stock then i will slowly upgrade with aftermarket and what not. trying to keep it cheap. I dont have big buck for new aftermarket equip yet.

Ok finally go the transmission pan mounted (after snapping one of the 10mm mount bolts). Torque spec on those not to high i recon. Anyway now i got the dip stick lined back up for insertion lubed the hell out of it with some grease and have no resorted to hit the damn thing with a hammer... Any one know any tricks to get it in smoother it is just me so i am on top of the vehicle then i jump under and look seems lined up perty well. some one has to have a trick up there sleeve

I guess everyone hates transmission as much as i do. Well maybe the stick is seated. I am pouring tranny fluid in and it is coming out of the dipstick somewhere and trips on the ground. I know there are some vent holes torwards the top it seems like it is coming out of there how much residual do you normally lose out of the tow lil holes torwards the top ofthe dip stick. is it enough to make a puddle. i have almost put two quarts in and want to start it. to put the rest in anyhelp is appreciated

I have an 87, but it has an external transmission cooler. Go ahead and buy the radiator, if it has a built in tranny cooler, great, if not, go pick up a cheap one at an auto parts store.

Back