• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D44HP/D60 Beadlocks in 15"

Bouncy

NAXJA Forum User
Are there any beadlocks in 15" rim size that will fit a ford 1979 D44HP and D60 with discs on all corners.

I believe the rear discs are Chevy setup.

I was going to order trailready beads and test fit my MRWs which wont fit at all. Not even with grinding on the calipers.

Any suggestions??

Assuming inner beads?

Bouncy said:
Are there any beadlocks in 15" rim size that will fit a ford 1979 D44HP and D60 with discs on all corners.

I believe the rear discs are Chevy setup.

I was going to order trailready beads and test fit my MRWs which wont fit at all. Not even with grinding on the calipers.

Any suggestions??

What brakes?

My 15" aluminum beadlocks fit my front HP44 just fine, and they fit my rear D60 that has Explorer disc brakes.

Goatman. What rims are you running that fit your 44hp.

External bead locks on the front of the rim. Trailready is what I was looking at.

My shop is telling me that the rims wont fit without grinding the calipers and they dont want to do that.

The rear D60 has Chevy discs and not sure what brake calipers.

Front 44HP has stock ford front disc brakes.

F-150 or F-250? Sounds like a stock pair of 3/4 ton axles?

My friend Billy ran F-250 axles and had to run like 2" BS wheels to clear the 3/4 ton front brakes with 15s, but my friend Opie has no problems running 15s on 1/2 ton brakes.

http://copperheadfab.com/index.php

Talk with Kyle.

He can make you whatever you need and if there isn't a design you like on his page he do just about anyhting you want. He will be doing most fo the work on my jeep when I get all my parts together.

The 1/2 ton brakes fit fine, the bigger 1 ton size brakes won't fit the 15" rims unless you grind the calipers. I understand that a lot of material needs to be ground off, but there's so much there that it can handle it. Plenty of people have ground D60 front calipers enough to fit 15" steel rims, but I don't think aluminum rims will work.

Phil said:
F-150 or F-250? Sounds like a stock pair of 3/4 ton axles?

My friend Billy ran F-250 axles and had to run like 2" BS wheels to clear the 3/4 ton front brakes with 15s, but my friend Opie has no problems running 15s on 1/2 ton brakes.
Dude! You just said opie was your friend.

Back