• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

how does the engine splash guard go in?

ehall

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I got a replacement splash guard for my beater from jeepsareus which I plan to install when I put in the replacement bumpers and flares. I spent some time looking around under there today and I can't figure out how it's supposed to go in. Since the one that was on it was shredded when I got the junk, I don't have any memory to work from either. Anybody got an easy explainer or pics?

Yes I want it, I want to keep debris out of the engine bay. I also plan to get an OEM front skid later but not right now.

Thanks

I took mine out a few days ago to install a front skid. I just pulled on it until it came out, although it tore in a few places. You should be able to finesse it in from the front under the bumper. It attaches to some holes via plastic clips, about 6 or 7 as I recall.

my 92 has a rubber guard of sorts that goes under the frame rails but on TOP of the steering mechanics. look for maybe a cut that is to go around the steering box or pitman arm?

Mine was sagging when I got my Jeep so I ripped it out. I couldn't imagine having it there, it would be in the way of getting alot of work done.

Yeah and instead of keeping debris out it can also keep them in. I suggest sticking with front skid, its a good enough splash guard.

Mine's on with zip-ties, and it's under (protects) the steering box. I just cut another chunk off that was torn and hanging. Don't think I'll replace it when it goes. It's in the way as far as I'm concerned.

Back