• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Happy day!!

88manche

NAXJA Forum User
So my friend's dad comes over, and my mom says to come out to the living room. The first things i hear out of his mouth are....
"I'm cutting up the jeep, make a list of what you want."

I went like this:
":shocked::loveu::clap:"

So i get new axles ( hopefully taller than 3.73, its a 1986, 2.8L, auto, 242 if anyone can tell me what gears came in those...that would be helpfull.), hopefully most of the dive train, front doors(half doors for summer!), bumpers, seats, and misc. accesories. Tie rod, maybe some other stuff. I already stole the skid plates off it.

Also, did they come with D44's that early? It has a trans cooler.

I love it when people decide to give me free parts! This is the first REAL upgrade to my jeep besides the lift.

Thats what I'm thinkin' too. If thats the case, Than I'll be very happy. I just gotta decide if I want to take the gear sets out of the differentials and put them in my axles, of just swap the whole axles into my jeep.

85xj4dr said:
Thats what I'm thinkin' too. If thats the case, Than I'll be very happy. I just gotta decide if I want to take the gear sets out of the differentials and put them in my axles, of just swap the whole axles into my jeep.
Btw, the D35 IIRC will be a non cclip with beefier axle shafts (they dont narrow down in the center like the c clip ones do). Truss the axle and see what happens :) (just remember that it's not as strong though as D44).

Oh yeah, it's easier to swap axles then gears :D

Kejtar said:
Btw, the D35 IIRC will be a non cclip with beefier axle shafts (they dont narrow down in the center like the c clip ones do). Truss the axle and see what happens :) (just remember that it's not as strong though as D44).

Oh yeah, it's easier to swap axles then gears :D
So that d35 will be stronger than my d35 thats in my 1985 xj?
We'll I'll only be running 30's, maybe 31's in the future, so hopefully I won't go breakin shafts left and right.

And thats what I figured. However, I will be learning how to install and set preload/backlash/whatever on gears next quarter in school.

85xj4dr said:
So that d35 will be stronger than my d35 thats in my 1985 xj?
We'll I'll only be running 30's, maybe 31's in the future, so hopefully I won't go breakin shafts left and right.

And thats what I figured. However, I will be learning how to install and set preload/backlash/whatever on gears next quarter in school.
actually both should be non c clip... though here's something: did the 85 have a d35? or amc20?

Back