• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SYE questions...

pb250r

NAXJA Forum User
I just installed a PORC SYE with a front DS from another XJ. I'm running a 6 degree shim and a transfer case lowering kit. The kit got rid of almost all vibes. The only vibes I have is from take off to about 10mph. I know I can take off the t-case drop. Any suggestions on how to eliminate the takeoff vibes? Thanks guys...

Are the vibes coming from the front shaft? the transfer case drop puts a weird angle on the front. So maybe after you remove the transfer case drop it will get rid of it. I just did my hack-n-tap two weekends ago. No vibes now.

-Randy

x2 on losing t-case lowering kit, the reason to install a hack n tap is to get rid of the lowering kit. take it off, find out if it helps. either way no need for it anymore.

Nope I have the drop and the shims still installed. I tried the drop and shims first. Then I did the SYE kit.

I would get rid of the T/C drop, Check the Driveshaft angle & adjust the degree of shim as necessary.
The vibes may be comming from the Front shaft because of the T/C drop.

garr said:
I would get rid of the T/C drop, with that lift you Probably need 3 Degrees of shim, But Check the Driveshaft angle to be sure!

couldnt have said it better myself. the shackles will act like a shim so those and a 6* is way too much. ditch the 6* shims and tc drop! install the SYE and driveshaft with 3* shims and everything should work great thats about the same set up that i have and it works sweet

Back