• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

powerful as hell

cherokeeman90

NAXJA Forum User
okay
i have 33's
and my jeep is a stick shift
when i'm on a somewhat flat surface i can slowly let out the clutch without giving it gas and it will roll and start moving and when i let out the clutch completely it's still running and ready for me to give it gas...does this mea my gears have been swapped?

how do i find out what gears i have???????:gee:

pop a diff cover and look for numbers on the ring gear.

divide the large number by the small number to get the ratio.

i have 410s and 42s if i let out the clutch slow enough it will start to roll.....congrats you know how to drive a clutch.

Yea I'd say that's how it's supposed to be. Since you obviously bought the vehicle already geared, ask the person you bought it from or pull that there cover off.

put her in 2wd, chock the front tires, put the t-case in neutral. throw a jack under the rear pumpkin, lift her up (both rear tires in the air)... mark the inside of the tire with chalk. start to rotate the drive shaft and start counting the drive shaft roations till the chalk mark is back on the bottom... tada your gear ratio on a silve plater

"my drive shaft turned about 4 times" probubly 4.10
"my drive shaft turned just over 3.5 times" probubly 3.53
"my drive shaft turned @ 4.5 times" probubly 4.56

Back