• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Oct. desert run

racerdave

NAXJA Forum User
Ok "run to reno" was a success. I would like to plan a 2 day event in Oct. for only XJ's. I want to leave Sparks, and run cross country to a place called Soldier Meadows, its a cowboy dude ranch! We sleep there, eat camp food and wheel back. Would love to have a bunch of XJ's going. Please tell me when would be good to go!NAXJA :D

What kind of terrain? How much will it cost? What kind of mods do our Jeeps need? Octobers gunna be kind of hard to get folks out because of Moab.

stock to WILD

We had an absolute stock Cherokee go with us on the Run to Reno event, and She made it through everything!! It was incredible, now this chick can drive, so I attribute 90% to that, but stock to wild are invited, cross-country means mostly "babyhead" boulders on a two-track road that leads to steep hills and washes. Not like Fordyce or the "Con". . If your out with me and you get bored, hang on because the trail leads to something wonderful. I like to make loops, not out and backs if I can help it. More details after I notify Solider Meadows what we are up to.;)

Yeah, I have met some, trailed with some, there are a lot of groups up here, 4x4play, GV wheelers, Pirate 4x guys, Foothill folks, just alot of "splinter" groups. I have a hard time because I do this for a living and sometimes I recieve "attitude", There is the "Hummer snob" attitude, I also run a Power wagon, and a Ramcharger, so I get "it" from all over. So I just do my own thing, wheel with whoever, Since I enjoy my XJ's (4) the most I'd kinda like to hang out here more.:cool:

Did you go to the 2001 Fun fest? I was there with a tan Hummer. I didnt go last time, I heard they didnt play in Greenhorn. That probably hurt the car count. (?):(

Yes, I was there. Actually last year was larger than 2001 (they served 650 dinners Saturday night).
I had a Hummer on my run, but he was from Elk Grove.
We (the Sierra Chapter) crew both Sunday trails.

Back