• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NWC Walker Valley Adopt A Trail

KarlVP

NAXJA Forum User
We sign the papers and the trail is ours.

Now, when we gonna go on a run to pick the trail.

Sadly, I'm getting relocated/deployed by the military so I won't be here after may. We need a person to take care of the organization once I leave.

Anywho, all the 4x4 trails are open up there. We pick the trail, sign some papers and then it is ours to do with what we want. DNR provides the funds and material, and we provide the manpower.

KarlVP said:
We sign the papers and the trail is ours.

Now, when we gonna go on a run to pick the trail.

Sadly, I'm getting relocated/deployed by the military so I won't be here after may. We need a person to take care of the organization once I leave.

Anywho, all the 4x4 trails are open up there. We pick the trail, sign some papers and then it is ours to do with what we want. DNR provides the funds and material, and we provide the manpower.

Awesome. Thanks for bringing this up Karl. Yes, we need to pick a trail. Unfortunately, I will be in Texas until April 10th starting next week.

-Jeremy

Thanks Karl. Are you coming up for the cleanup in April?
I will try and get up there in the next few weeks, run around, and see what need attention.
-Ryan

Do we need to nominate a Vice President of Trail Adoption? :eeks1:

Great to know the Hardcoreville Karl Trail Adoption Program has come through.

From what I've seen up there Upper Mainline needs some serious drainage work. That may be the target of the April work party though. I think that attending that work party would be a great first step in truly assessing the situation and getting input on what needs to be done.

Can we install ladder bars on the Expressway Rockface? :scottm:

Karl,
Thank you so much for following through on this.

I would be more than willing to take over all of the responsibility as soon as makes sense to you.

Many of us have been up there at least once in the last few months. Do we really need to go again to make a decision on what trail we want to adopt? Why don't we just start a vote?

Ryan, I assume you would be signing the paperwork? or would I have to do that? If you are signing it would you be comfortable with a vote to pick a trail or do you want to wait till the clean up first?

Michael

2xtreme said:
Karl,
Thank you so much for following through on this.

I would be more than willing to take over all of the responsibility as soon as makes sense to you.

Many of us have been up there at least once in the last few months. Do we really need to go again to make a decision on what trail we want to adopt? Why don't we just start a vote?

Ryan, I assume you would be signing the paperwork? or would I have to do that? If you are signing it would you be comfortable with a vote to pick a trail or do you want to wait till the clean up first?

Michael

I dont care, We can just put it to a vote. My only reason for wanting to wait until the clean up was to get a better idea of were we would have the most positive impact.
As far as Signatures go:
I hearby Knight you as NWC trail cleanup coordinator. :D :party:

Now either of us can sign it, whatever is easier for Karl.

-Ryan

Talk amongst yourselves.

I'll give you a topic...

Rhode Island is neither a road nor an island.

Discuss.

Oh the good days of SNL.

Anywho, you want to put it to a vote in the members area, I think that is the best idea. Decide on the trail. And we can "improve" and maintain it within the DNR's permissible improvements.

I know the Tamers adopted the Sunrise out in elbe and the "rock garden" we made there is one tough martha focker.

KarlVP said:
Oh the good days of SNL.

"rock garden"

It's nothing without cowbell.

I vote for a Heavy Metal rock garden, none of that pop stuff... Seriously a rock garden is something that Walker is missing. Kind of surprising considering how much rock there is in the Expressway area.

Blkxjkrawler said:
I hearby Knight you as NWC trail cleanup coordinator. :D :party:

-Ryan

I thought only Kings could knight people, not Presidents? :jester:

I don't think it matters what trail we pick, they all need work and maintenance and every weekend it will look like a different part of the trail needs more work. I will start vote and we can go with that.

Michael

Back