• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mobil 1 oil chart

My concerns there lie in that they don't disclose the Zinc in the blend. Phosphorus is only one of the elements in ZDDP. Just because they are using additives with high levels of Phosphorus what are the Zince levels...

w_howey said:
My concerns there lie in that they don't disclose the Zinc in the blend. Phosphorus is only one of the elements in ZDDP. Just because they are using additives with high levels of Phosphorus what are the Zince levels...

Its a industry standard to list phosphorus, not zinc. ZDDP is marketed in some Valvoline oil, mostly their race oil VR1.

What is "Extended Drain"? You're the second person I've seen to use this term. And Stumpy was the first. :)

Mobil 1 has "Extended Performance" and "High Mileage".

w_howey said:

What about AMSOIL? Does it contain ZDDP?

falcon556 said:
What about AMSOIL? Does it contain ZDDP?
Differing blends contain differing amounts. They have some oils that are SM rated and others that still meet the older SL(higher Zn and P) or CI+4

xjohnnyc said:
What is "Extended Drain"? You're the second person I've seen to use this term. And Stumpy was the first. :)

Mobil 1 has "Extended Performance" and "High Mileage".
extended drain is a longer drain pipe under the kitchen sink. Duh....

I think what a lot of people are missing though, is that these tests are being done on street cars I'm assuming.

Our Jeeps see a lot more abuse when we race through desert, mud, rocks or whatever.

The one thing that really sold me was a Friend of mine who was a Factory Honda wrench (Motorcycles) used the 15-50 extended For the CR-450 race bikes, and as hard as they are on oil, It sold me.

FordGuy said:
The one thing that really sold me was a Friend of mine who was a Factory Honda wrench (Motorcycles) used the 15-50 extended For the CR-450 race bikes, and as hard as they are on oil, It sold me.

I'm Extremely suprised they would use something that heavy in a high reving motor like that. In our motors where the power band is much lower, then its not nearly the issue.

Well, most of the people at the drag strip here that have 8,000+ RPM engines run 15w-50 or just SAE 50. There are many reasons for that, one is that heavy oil sticks to moving parts better than thin oil.

All the Patton 800+ hp trophy truck engines all run Syn 50wt. A lot depends on how the engine is built. When I had the engine built for my pre-runner buggy, Fat performance told me in a discussion about oil that the only reason period for using thinner oil was extremely cold weather,and the manufactures need less drag for fuel economy. cold temps is why we use a oil heater in the dry sump tank. As far as a small high revving engine, have you ever saw the size of that one piston! 11,000 RPM's on the rev limiter with only 800ml of oil, I surprised they last at all.

Back