• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

engine oil

vbjornsson

NAXJA Forum User
Not too long ago I swapped in a rebuilt 4.0 built by jasper and i was basically wondering what weight and type of oil you guys would recommend for it. I want to start this engine off right as my last one seemed quite abused as far as regular oil changes goes. Its had synthetic in it since day one but i cant recall what weight was put in it. What brand/weight of synthetic oil should i use?

Thanks for any help
victor

How much you pay for the jasper? and let me know how it is? thanks and sorry off topic a little bit!!!!!!!!!

I had a Jasper re-manufactured engine installed in my 97 just a little over 2 years ago. I was standing there when they were finishing up and asked for Valvoline 10w30. (plain ol Valvoline 10w30). I have had zero problems and my Jeep runs fantastic and maintains good oil pressure. I live in Eastern Missouri and have driven to Destin, Florida 3 times, as well as trips to New Orleans, Biloxi,MS and the Emerald Coast. The dip stick always read "full" at the end of each trip. I plan on driving to Moab, Utah when the weather gets a little warmer and have confidence in my choice of choosing Jasper and Valvoline. Pick a name brand oil of your choice, change it regularly and your Jeep will be happy.
HT

Back