• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ball thing in front bumper??

doubleup87

NAXJA Forum User
i just took my stock front bumper off today so i can put on a new one. on the passenger side there is a ball screwed to the bumper with a tube going into it. i pulled the tube out for a split secong and it let out air. what is it and do i need it?

2000 xj 4.0 auto

It is a vacuume resovoir thing, I am not sure exactly what its needed for, but its good to keep, if I am not mistaken, It ties into the vacuume operation of the cruise control, possibly AC, and a couple other vacuum operated components. I would keep it, but my friend didnt have his for quite some time. It will run w/o it but I am not sure if his AC and cruise didnt work partly cause he didnt have the resovior or if it was because of otehr reasons (when we replaced his tank, we also replaced his cruise control unit which had been broken and his AC doesnt work anyway as of now, so who knows) But if its there, its got some use... right...? :D

OH NOO!!! You let out all the gofastium....

:D

It's just a vacuum storage resevoir. You will want to relocate it so your vacuum operated accessories, such as cruise control and heater door will work properly.

There is no shortage of write ups and options for doing it. If you look on madxj.com I beleive he has a write up. Searching here will most likely result in some options as well.

HTH

Back