• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wheel backspacing

CV95XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Whats up guys, Ive got some questions about wheel sizing, spacing and the affects of certain backspacing.

heres whats happening, I've got some built dana 44's with a wms of about 65 inches, stock axles are like 61 1/2 or something, so I'll be about 2 inches wider on each side than stock, I would like to resolve this with backspaced wheels, I am going with 35x12.5 bfg mud terrains on a 15 or 16 inch rim. (6 lug btw) I don't even know what backspacing I have now, but heres my rig.
IMG_3677.jpg

Im guessing I have 4.5 inch backspacing. cause thats what I see the most, but I really don't know what it is.

So, for my new tires and rims, I would like them to be offset so the, rim sticks in farther so Im not so wide. I don't need the tires to be completely covered, cause the cops are pretty cool around here, but I would rather it not look so wide.

what size would you run?
as always, thanks for the help.

i dont know,but that looks like one bad ass rig there buddy,good job!

Our stock wheels have a BS of 5.25". So you want at least that or more to tuck them tires in more.

CV95XJ said:
Im guessing I have 4.5 inch backspacing. cause thats what I see the most, but I really don't know what it is.

So, for my new tires and rims, I would like them to be offset so the, rim sticks in farther so Im not so wide. I don't need the tires to be completely covered, cause the cops are pretty cool around here, but I would rather it not look so wide.

what size would you run?
as always, thanks for the help.
Sounds like you need to get out your tire iron and tape measure and measure the backspacing yourself. Then decide what width wheel and tire you'll be running, how much you want it to stick out and crunch the addition and subtraction. :eek: Otherwise its just going to be a bunch of guesses from a lot of people...
Tommy4949 said:
Is it me, or do you have your bumper on upside down :doh:? Why is it like that?
Mr. Pickle said:
X2, I think so.
X3, either that or he likes the loss of approach angle?

No, no, no. The bumper is not on upside down, it's a sway bar protector.
It also looks like footprints on there...i think he uses it as a step ladder:shhh:

Seriously, you don’t really have the bumper on like that on purpose, CV. Do you?

alright, thanks for the help, I'll go measure what they are tommorrow, but Im guessing 3.5 or something like that.

I'm laughin my ass off at all these bumper comments, and most of you are right, I did use it as a step ladder, and I do like the loss of approach angle j/k. and it does protect the sway bar pretty well.

but seriously the cops were on me for a little while for bumper height, so I welded that on temporarily just to get them off my back, heres the new one I built for it, A little better approach angle huh?
cliffdad108.jpg

I also just finished up a rear bumper for it that Im pretty proud of.

Post up the build photos of the rear bumper. I'm about ready to start on mine and am looking for a few ideas.

Back