• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jet Stage II Chip

HotwiredXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, can anyone confirm or deny that a 93 and a 94 ECM is the same or differant?

The reason I am asking is because I got a Jet Stage II Chip off ebay that was listed as a "94 Cherokee" chip. After looking a little harder, after I won the auction/paid. I saw what looked like a part number on the chip in one of the photos. After looking on Jet's website, it turned out to be a 93' chip. Of course if I ask Jet if a 93 will work on a 94, they will say no. So, is no REALLY the answer, or is there a way around this? The seller already told me he would email me a return shipping lable, and refund my money. But finding a used 94 chip will be tough. I know the logical thing to do, would be just to send it back, I just need validation, but not by destroying my ECM.

I plugged the stage 2 I had for my 94 into my bro's 93 and it worked. The Jet 2 made more of a difference in my 94 than in my 96. Edit for a disclaimer(lol): We just ran his 93 around the block with it in, so no long term results, but it did start up and my bro noticed a lil difference(he didn't have any other mods at the time). Be careful with the pin alignment when you install it---they can be a biatch to put in and even a bigger b to take out. Use the tar tape to seal the seams, if he included it. Ps. I see you already updated your sig.

Last edited:
I sold it to someone who had a 93, which is why I tested it on my brother's 93 first.

Back