• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

95 zj 4.0 into 87 xj 2.5 motor swap

rowley65flip

NAXJA Forum User
so my friend was bein stupid and had it pinned in reverse and got a little squirrely and backed it up a tree. its now totaled and he said i can get everything i need for a motor swap for my 87 xj with a 4 banger so i can put the 4.0 in there. my question is will it fit? I know there is a firewall issue but is there anything else i need to know about? I know i need the motor mounts and radiator but what else do i need? wiring harness? anything else?

rowley65flip said:
so my friend was bein stupid and had it pinned in reverse and got a little squirrely and backed it up a tree. its now totaled and he said i can get everything i need for a motor swap for my 87 xj with a 4 banger so i can put the 4.0 in there. my question is will it fit? I know there is a firewall issue but is there anything else i need to know about? I know i need the motor mounts and radiator but what else do i need? wiring harness? anything else?

got any pics?thats pretty funny, was he hammered??

no pics put when he hit the tree it was in the dead center of the ass end and left a nice tree imprint. it moved the tree to a 45 degree angle too. he wasnt drunk, just stupid.

Back