• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ZJ brake conversion ..... E-brake?

JTwthaXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, I did the ZJ disc conversion on my 8.25 a couple of months ago, love the setup. But how did the rest of you guys that have done the conversion work the E-brake? I have the E-brake connected in a kind of rigged way, I mean it works.... barely. Is it possibly to get the ZJ E-brake cables and replace the XJ's with those. I have a small u-bolt connecting the cable to the "finger" that activates the E-brake but I would prefer to have something like the cables with the loop on the end like what the ZJ's have. Will that work?

ZJ cables aren't long enough.

You can get two KJ cables, part no. 52128510AG

Get the KJ cables. If you already have the ZJ cables, you can make them work by using a threaded adapter and a threaded 3-6" rod from Lowes or Home Depot. If you go back a couple days you'll see a picture from my setup.

JTwthaXJ said:
I appreciate the suggestions, I will check out the KJ cables. But any pics of your setups would be nice. Thanks.

Search. There are pics around. Gradon's was just up a day or two ago.

Back