• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Scout Dana 44 disc brake options?

jeeperguy21

NAXJA Forum User
I have a rear dana 44 with a disc brake conversion, and needless to say, I am anything but impressed with it. What are my options? Personally, if it were up to me, I would still have the drum brakes on there cause I wouldn't have to deal with this. I am looking for a disc brake conversion for the 44 that will work with the Scout's 5.5 lug pattern. I can't find anything using the search or Google. Help? :dunno:

TSM and SSBC (stainless steel brake corp) both make disc brake kits specifically for the Scout II Dana 44. TSM offers everything from the complete kit to just the essentials and you go junkyarding for the rest. The SSBC kit comes complete and is a little pricey but the e-brake is set up like those in a Ford Explorer. A small parking brake inside the rotor hat.

Hope this helps.

I would stay away from the TSM stuff. one it gives you an unbalanced braking system so not matter what you do the rears overpower the front. Dutchman motorsports sells the Ford kit that is basically the same as the explorer set up to match just about any axle housing bolt pattern. you can get the rotors machined to fit the 5 on 5.5 bolt pattern at almost any capable machine shop. I run the Explorer stuff on my 9" rear with the Warn full float kit with 5 on 5.5 its not that hard to do.. Just do some digging.. And Since your in Utah contact Tera Flex they can set you up with their kit machined to work with your set up...

Back