• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bad clunking in front end

Burton58

NAXJA Forum User
well i'm at a loss. i have a bad clunk and slight wobble everytime i hit a bump or pothole, as well as vibration in the front end. i'm running a rusty's 4.5 kit with adjustable lowers, stock uppers and 3/4 spacers to level it out.

within the last month i have installed the TNT steering system, custom built over axle track bar perfectly parallel to my drag link. new stabilizer, new u-joints, new ball joints, new unit bearings, and greased LCAs and ball joints also the alignment was done 2 days ago with a brand spanking new alignment machine at the dealer where i work.

the only thing i can think of is my CAs are banging around or possibly the angles? the lowers are a year old and uppers are stock as i have said.

anyone have an idea why it sounds like my axle is falling out when i drive down the road???

Burton58 said:
well i'm at a loss. i have a bad clunk and slight wobble everytime i hit a bump or pothole, as well as vibration in the front end. i'm running a rusty's 4.5 kit with adjustable lowers, stock uppers and 3/4 spacers to level it out.

within the last month i have installed the TNT steering system, custom built over axle track bar perfectly parallel to my drag link. new stabilizer, new u-joints, new ball joints, new unit bearings, and greased LCAs and ball joints also the alignment was done 2 days ago with a brand spanking new alignment machine at the dealer where i work.

the only thing i can think of is my CAs are banging around or possibly the angles? the lowers are a year old and uppers are stock as i have said.

anyone have an idea why it sounds like my axle is falling out when i drive down the road???

Is the vibration something you hear, feel, or both?

You need adj. UCAs and make sure everything is tight. Sounds like bumpsteer that wants to start DW.

Back