• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

most "out of the way" hitch receiver?

Hellbent

NAXJA Forum User
the other day i could have used a rear hitch to move a trailer across town. i have a rear tow hook for recovery, but it seems a rear receiver could perform several duties. i really don't want some big, ugly mongo hunk of square tubing hanging down to get caught on every trail obstacle. anyone here ever run across a hitch that tucks up out of the way real nice? maybe one of those tubular-style deals?

a stock one is the only one that sits close to the bumper but its still in the way, i hit mine quit a few times, what about a bumper with a 2" reciever built in? and a drip hitch

userbmx1315 said:
a stock one is the only one that sits close to the bumper but its still in the way, i hit mine quit a few times, what about a bumper with a 2" reciever built in? and a drip hitch

i thought about that, but i already have a skid and both nut strips are there, so it would be easiest and cheapest to just bolt on a hitch and go, at least for now.

My Reese:
Picture096.jpg

i like the way that reese mounts and the fact that it's angled, almost like a little rear slider...
i think i'm going to go with the reese. thanks for all the input.

Mine was on there when I bought it and wanted to get the Reese one, but out wheeling I have hit it on rocks and such. If it wasn't there I would have hit my bumper, so I decided to keep it. I am going to take it off one of these days and weld some plate on it to make a gas tank skid.
IMG_3660.jpg

Last edited:
well I guess it looks like the first pic posted in here maybe and inch or a bit more higher up, cant get any pics for a bit waiting on a new usb cord I ordered tonight for my camera.

I have the Putnam. It's beefalicious but it does hang down a bit. I've seen a few that tuck in tighter, but I don't know the brand.

Back