• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front seats - Non OEM

summitlt

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 99XJ and was looking for some new seats. Ive found the "racing" seats and like the wrap around, but dont want the height, or the holes for a harness, nor do I want "simulated leather"

Id be happy with a factory style seat with a little more wraparound.

Any ideas on someone that sells them new? Or am i bound for the junyard

civic/integra seats are nice

also look at some grand cherokee seats, or some of smittybilt's replacement seats for CJ's and YJ's. Some of them look factory but offer more bolstering.

as long as you dont go with the power option they should drop in by just taking the risers off the stock Xj ones and putting them on the WJ seats. I got a go deal on power WJ seats and they definately drop right in. I wound up cutting off al the bracketry then making new ones that line up to the factory holes. They are a little lower to give me headroom because I have a sunrrof and it lowers the headliner down an inch or two

I say nix the civic seats. Integras might be okay, since it is basically a nicer civic. The reason I say this is because I have an 05 civic ex, which is the top model, and the seats in it suck. My stock 99 seats were better than the civics. I now have a corbeau in my jeep and love the support. It has a slider, but the Only problem is that since it has such good hip supports, sometimes it is a bitch to get in and out of.

My civic seats have so little support that I almost wanted to put a corbeau in it.

i don't know what you are looking to spend, but you can get a corbeau for $170. If you can't fab, you can get a bolt in bracket for $90 or something. at least a year ago you could.

I had a big problem with some non oem seats. I purchased some off of ebay and they fit my 98 but were way too high with my 6' 1" inch overweight body! I should have done more research and ended up with 94 Grand Chero seat, just had to change the bracket to my oem one and she dropped right in. The tranny tunnel in our types is way to diff. the older xj's have a nice flat floor...seems to look easier to install non oem seats.

just my $0.02!

Happy Hunting!

Cipey

Back