• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BDS 4.5" coil springs

jdbwrx

NAXJA Forum User
After adding a lot of weight to my rig over the past year (cage, bumpers, frame rail plating, etc) it was brought to my attention that I should be looking for a set of front coils with a heavier spring rate.

In researching options, I found that the 4.5" BDS springs offer a rate of 240lbs (which was confirmed with a call to BDS).

Looking for feedback from people that are running them.

I know there are other options out there, (Skyjacker, Deaver, junkyard truck coils), but I am specifically looking for feedback on the BDS coils.

Thanks!

I don't run them but will be getting the 6.5" springs for my MJ. They have the spring rate I want. My MJ will be a heavy when it's done and these springs will be great with the extra weight and will help make the rear suspension work more when flexing.

I have had BDS products in the past and have been very happy with them.

You can't beat their warranty either.

TNT, I saw some of your posts about this in the Jeepspeed thread, and that's what tuned me into the spring rate.

I would still like to hear from people who have them.

I have the whole BDS 4.5" system (short arms). The springs are great. The lift has been on for a couple of months now and it's sitting exactly where it started, 23" from hub center to bottom of flare on my '01. They are exactly even left to right. Ride quality is great for short arms, they flex well, and the BDS guarantee can't be beat.

Doug

Back