• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeeps leaning to the left,again.

theoriginalscion

NAXJA Forum User
I had some premature settling of lift on drivers side a while back, seemed to level out after a couple thousand miles. Went down the wrong seasonal road the other day a had to give it my all to get out of the icy, snow covered ditch. The pass side was in a ditch while drivers side was compressed on road. I had to back up a embackment , almost rolled the jeep but manged to get out without damage. Now jeep is seriously leaning to the drivers side again. Anyone got any fixs? how can I compress and make tthe pass side settle.?

Add a spacer to the sagging side? lil gangsta lean..

Maybe try loosening your leaf spring/shackle bolts when it's on level ground, give her a shaking, and retighten the bolts. That could help.

Lol...I think he meant "embankment"...

theoriginalscion said:
I had some premature settling of lift on drivers side a while back, seemed to level out after a couple thousand miles. Went down the wrong seasonal road the other day a had to give it my all to get out of the icy, snow covered ditch. The pass side was in a ditch while drivers side was compressed on road. I had to back up a embackment , almost rolled the jeep but manged to get out without damage. Now jeep is seriously leaning to the drivers side again. Anyone got any fixs? how can I compress and make tthe pass side settle.?
Trimspa baby!

Try swapping springs!

leaning to the drivers side?....That's the opposite of what most of us deal with.

I suggest driving it in real tight circles as fast as you can.(both directions) Then put your swaybar back on.

Oh...Don't do those circles too fast.:D

Swapping your springs could work too. Boring though..

When I first got my 99, it leaned down 1.5" stock... PO weighed 400lbs and BENT the LEAF's and COILS

ZacSquatch said:
When I first got my 99, it leaned down 1.5" stock... PO weighed 400lbs and BENT the LEAF's and COILS

Mine might sit level if I put on another couple hundred pounds.

I already lossened shackle bolts and other stuff I read searching some other posts. None of those cures ever worked. Only time and miles seemed to help. I have yet to swap leaf packs. Its just strange. I almost got stuck in a ditch off the road, and after getting out jeep leaned, after some time it leveled back out(almost). Now I did the same thing and it leans again. It just looks bad, more then anything. Around 4.5" on drivers, 6" on pass. 4.5" lift kit.
Did I over compress or extend a leaf pack? I did extend rear bump stops two inches.

Why cant my jeep lean the other way, Thats what I noticed searching other posts, it seems its common for XJ's to lean to the right.

Last edited:
haha... Just 110 more baby.. time to hit taco bell..

Back