• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

installing toggle switches on 90 mj AAAAHHHHH!!!!!

BPB

NAXJA Forum User
ok I tried this in the oem tech and have had no luck. Someone tried to steal my mj the ignition switch is srewed. they cut all the wires in the main loom under the driverside dash. I have conected all the small wires that go into one big plug. I now have the wires that plug into the column it's self conected, the red main power wire is dead. so I have temporarilly ran a wire off of a hot lead in the fuse panel. now when i hit the green starter wire to the wires that are twisted together and the truck fires up after a few turns. it stops running about two seconds after i pull the the wire off. it will stay running as long as i leave the starter running. I have spent about four hours over the past two days trying to figgure out wiring diagrams and my head hurts can anyone help me on this???

sounds to me like your fuel pump is cutting out. after the starter is disengaged, the fuel pump hot goes through the ballast. if it's broken or has a cut wire somewhere in there, it will die.
try hot wiring the fuel pump (not for a permenent fix, just to see if it'll start and run).

Back