• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Floor pan placement...

dizzymac

NAXJA Forum User
Just a quick note to those repairing/replacing floor pans. I removed most of my front floor pan today ( 'til it decide to bite me, had to take break for sutures,)just have trans hump left to remove. I noticed that when I closed my rear door that the whole side (door,quarter panel) moved. I tried pushing on the rocker and could move the side inward about 2".
To those who may be attempting this repair too, you may want to put a "come along' or something between the door post to keep the sides from "bulging". At least take measurements from the frame rail to sills so you have a reference point.
I have my Xj on 6 jack stands, all under the frame rails so I'm pretty sure the frame has stayed in place. I'm gonna center the floor pan on the rails and weld it in place then pull the sides in to the pan and weld them.
If I'm driving down the street and hear a loud "boing" and suddenly find my a$$ dragging i'll know I was wrong in my pan attachment method....lol

I got the one on Amazon.com for $158 deliv. I'm replacing the entire front pan and about 90% of my rear, all thats left of that is the DS hump, all the rest of it will fabricated.
Good luck with yours, buy more than one "spot weld cutter", you'll need it. I just orderd a different type from Eastwood, it looks more like a drill bit than a hole saw, I wore out a set of "Blue Point" cutters, glad they were off the Snap-On truck, he said he would replace them and get youself a GOOD gasket scraper, you'll see why if you are replacing the entire pan.

Back