• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Does your fan do this?

HMGanja

NAXJA Forum User
I have a problem that is driving me up the F*ing wall! When the heat is on in my '99, the fan on the drivers side of the rad. will CONSTINTLY(i know i cant spell) turn on and off. Like literaly every 5-8 seconds! It drives me crazy! Is this normal, because I hope not...

Yes mine does same thing if you have deforst on turn knob to vents only position auxillary fan shouldnt come on.

DS fan should cycle off & on with the A/C and the elevated temp of engine. If yours is doing as you say then you have a short or a bad temp sender. JMHO as mine is way older than yours so different rules may apply.

98XJeep said:
yea it's normal, it should only do it on def/floor and defrost, shouldn't do it in vent or floor only posistions
Thanks guys. You learn something everyday. I didnt notice this because I just have a habit of always useing the def/floor setting. Well I was just making sure there wasnt anything wrong. :peace:

Back