• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What to look for in ford 8.8

cds36

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys im getting a 8.8 from a 2001 ford explorer tomarrow possably, and I dont realy know what in all it should come with or have to make a swap. Any input would be great its coming with the disk brakes and 410 gears just didnt know if i should make sure of any other lines or etc to make the swap as easy as possible

Last edited:
that 8.8 is not a good way to go, especially with an 8.8, lsd and disks....i will take it off your hands though
hahahah

actually, it looks like you are getting a good deal...a 2001 whould have disks, and if it has 4.10s, it also prob has a LSD so you are in good shape!

I agree with Tony. The 8.8 pumpkin is big and bulky. You would be better off with my 8.25 corp. axle. I will trade you and you can buy me lunch. haha

Where you getting it? How much you paying?

...or by riverside and check out mine :D

Justin, give me my D30 back!

Yeah... That 8.8 wouldn't fit in your XJ either... I'm pretty sure it'll fit under my XJ.. :D I once heard that the 8.25 fits better under a 2wd.. :looney:

LOL.. Anywhoo.. I think you're good to go...

E

if you're near simi you can come check mine out

when u go to check it out, just make sure it has good backing plates and calipers....mine didnt, so i had to shell out over 250 bucks to get new brakes.

Good choice on the axle. I love my 8.8. At first I thought it would be a difficult swap, but it turned out to be pretty easy. I reused some of the factory Ford brake hardlines and spot welded the tubes to the diff. I picked up some ZJ e-brake cables and used them for the swap. I ran the factory gears for awile before I threw in 4.56's and a Detroit.

Have fun.

Back