• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stroker crank question...

rcmf5525

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I am 6hrs away from winning an ebay auction for a 285 crank. The issue is it is a #738 casting. I thought when I bid on the thing that it was a #723 casting. Im an idot. #738 is for the borg warner automatic. I have an AW4. What options do I have as far as adapters, or will it work as is. I have looked around at stroker wrightups, but no mention of anyone using the #738 casting.

Retract the bid or ask if they can get a 723 crank? Offer to send $10-20 for them to relist it when it ends?

I don't remember the casting numbers but there are three different cranks. One with heavy counterweights (good for a manual tranny), and two for the autos. One has a longer snout and takes a washer to make the harmonic balancer fit correctly.

Any will work. I am running the heavy crank on an auto because I had a stick first. There is no big problem using any of them.

gradon said:
Retract the bid or ask if they can get a 723 crank? Offer to send $10-20 for them to relist it when it ends?

I have sent multiple missages and no response. I think it is someone who works at Titan Engines that is selling it.

I think there are 5 crank casts. 4 of which I can find good info on and the 5th, the one I bid on, nothing...:doh:

Disregard!!!! Someone out bid me!!!!! Thank God!!!!:yelclap:

rcmf5525 said:
I have sent multiple missages and no response. I think it is someone who works at Titan Engines that is selling it.

I think there are 5 crank casts. 4 of which I can find good info on and the 5th, the one I bid on, nothing...:doh:

Got links for the four you've got? I'd like to compare them to information I've got (somewhere...) and see if I've missed anything.

Now that I look at it, there is only four. My bad!:doh:

for about 400 with shipping you can get the crank you want from a place on ebay. You can even specify which one you want, heavy 12wt vs. 4wt crank. I got mine from the guy and he even mills it for ya to exactly what you need, even the snout cut so no washer needed.
If you want I can post the link to it.

Back