• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Deep cleaning the interior

summitlt

NAXJA Forum User
The interior of my truck is... subpar. Its dirty, and any surefire things that are good for cleaning the carpet and seats. The carpet is the worst.

Dont care how harsh it is to the lungs and all that. Just want the damn thing CLEAN.

Was thinking of renting one of those rugdoctors....

Take it out and power wash it. That's what I do. I also take the seat cover off and throw them in the washer on gentle cycle (gotta be careful though, washers love to eat knit material) and then air dry.

OnryXJ said:
Take it out and power wash it. That's what I do. I also take the seat cover off and throw them in the washer on gentle cycle (gotta be careful though, washers love to eat knit material) and then air dry.
X2 thats what I've done several times.

jdxj said:
X2 thats what I've done several times.

X3 Works like a charm.

Some car rental companys use steam to clean their seats/carpet. Given some of the things people leave in a rental, it must work considering they sell the cars around 40,000 miles.

I had decent success with a rental steam cleaner for the carpets and seats.

Simple green works pretty good for the vinyl and such.

Back