• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SYE/DS help

MasterShakeXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I recently ordered my sye and new ds from dc4wd.com. i installed my lift and now i need to install the sye. he told me to measure for the length of the ds which i did. then he said i needed to take out the ds and measure the rear ujoint(closest to rear diff) to figure out what kind to send me. can someone shine some light on that for me and help me to figure out whats goin on? and maybe tell me another way of doing this if i need to do it at all so i dont have to pull my rear ds. i need to get the ds so i can install it and its starting to become quite the hassle.
any help would be appreciated. thanx

Ya XJs came with 2 different drive line u-joint sizes. You need to get under it, take off the whole 4 bolts that hold the straps, and measure it.
Meas20yoke20spi20dim20E2020D20.jpg

I'm confused...are you trying to find out what size u-joint?Ifso that would be a 1310 series.....

edit:I wasn't aware they used two different sizes....

is remving the rear ds to measure something as simple as unbolting the 4 bolts- measureing- and screwing the 4 bolts back in? i dont wanna take it out and run into a problem.

i know its a 297x spicer ujoint. does anyone know the measurement of this? or will he be able to figure out what size to send me based on it being a 297x?

GettinMuddy said:
i know its a 297x spicer ujoint. does anyone know the measurement of this? or will he be able to figure out what size to send me based on it being a 297x?

This is incorrect it is a [SIZE=-1] 5-153x Spicer, 1310 – 3 3/16 “ wide 1 1/16” diameter cap.[/SIZE]

All XJ driveshafts use 1310's!

Back