• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LCA rubbing?'s

94XJ2door5speed

NAXJA Forum User
If your running a larger wider tire, say 33's 11.50" on a stock wheel with a 3" budget boost. Which would be a better investment; 1.5" spacers all around or a set of rusty's LCA's specially designed to work with stock rims?

Check gojeep's right up on using stock WJ arms, but yea I'd spend the coin on bended lca's. Tell rusty how much lift you have and hopefully he won't f it up.

RyanM said:
Check gojeep's right up on using stock WJ arms, but yea I'd spend the coin on bent lca's. Tell rusty how much lift you have and hopefully he won't f it up.
WOW,fixed it for you!!!!

barillms said:
Just buy new friggin 15x8 wheels with 3"-3.5" backspacing.
They're $50 each.

don't want aftermarket wheels got stockers from a friend of mine that i like alot

Two options, narrower tires or WJ/Rusty bent lower arms. You could shim out your steering stops but your turning radius will be bigger.

I think there is a 33/9.50-15 tire which should be fine with the lower arms. I am running 245/75-16 on stock 16" wheels. These tires equal a 31/9.50 size and no problems with rubbing the arms.

33" tires are going to rub the fenders without trimming as I get a very slight rub when turning and compressed with 31".

Good luck.

rockwerks said:
Why do you care if they rub on the arms...you will only end up with a polished spot.
'cause if you're running stock LCA like I believe the OP is, it scares the sh*t out of you when even a semi aggessive tread rubs the edge on the folded crap stock LCAs. :) I assume it will also tear up the tire eventually. The rubbing is not a big deal with a tubular LCA.

stoneattic said:
'cause if you're running stock LCA like I believe the OP is, it scares the sh*t out of you when even a semi aggessive tread rubs the edge on the folded crap stock LCAs. :) I assume it will also tear up the tire eventually. The rubbing is not a big deal with a tubular LCA.

My 30x9.5 BFG AT's rub, especially when aired down. It sounds pretty nasty. I'm always suprised to see that there is zero tire damage. I thought about hammering the lip flat in that spot, but decided against it.

94XJ2door5speed said:
don't want aftermarket wheels got stockers from a friend of mine that i like alot

there are alot of band-aid fixes available for using mis-matched parts..... but in reality they detract from the over-all quality of the rig and it's utility.. 33s are alot of tire for a stock 7" wheel and you are limiting yourself to tires with an odd-ball size narrower than a 12.50. have you ever driven a lifted rig with "tall skinny pizza-cutters" ?? highway can be kinda scary.
new wheels or smaller tires are the real answer here. i simply dont believe in re-working major suspension components to make a wheel fit.

Back