• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

keyless remote

OnryXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Ok guys I just bought a 1998 XJ. It has keyless remote. I bought a remote off of ebay took it to the dealer and they tell my its the wrong one. The FCC ends in T7T. What remote am I suppose to have? My rig was made in 01/98 the owners manual pictures a 2 button. Thanks for any advice.

You are correct in that it is a two button remote. I am not sure on what FCC # it should have, but I do have the part number for it if that helps. There where two types for your year. One with and one without Immobilizer.

Hope this helps.

Mopar Part Number:
TRANSMITTER, Keyless Entry

56008968 w/o Immobilizer.

56008969 w/ Immobilizer,
Mandatory (FRANCE, POLAND, SWEDEN,
DENMARK, GERMANY,
HUNGARY, EUROPEAN,
SLOVENIA, AUSTRALIA,
NETHERLANDS, NEW
ZEALAND, CZECH. REPUBLIC,
BELGIUM & LUXEMBOURG,)Not
Available in ( JAPAN), Mandatory
(FRANCE, POLAND, SWEDEN,
DENMARK, GERMANY,
HUNGARY, EUROPEAN,
SLOVENIA, AUSTRALIA,
NETHERLANDS, NEW
ZEALAND, CZECH. REPUBLIC,
BELGIUM & LUXEMBOURG,
)Not Available in (JAPAN)

I did the same thing on my 99 and the part # I used is #56036859 got 3 of them off ebay and dealer programmed them fine. I first asked the dealer the part # for my rig as if I was buying one from them?

I work at a dealer. We have several different vehicles that use remotes that look exact but are not interchangable. This is probably the problem.

SOUTHTEXASXJ said:
I did the same thing on my 99 and the part # I used is #56036859 got 3 of them off ebay and dealer programmed them fine. I first asked the dealer the part # for my rig as if I was buying one from them?

Thats the part number I got for my 01... Ive yet to have them programmed, but from what I read on here, the FCC # matches. They are an olive...or lighter color. They arent black like my GF's remote on her 99. But they are the 3 button ones.

We'll see. I got them cheap on ebay, so if they dont work, no biggie. Ill just buy two at the dealer and take the hit.

J.

The part number on the remote for my "98 is also 56008968, but my FCC number ends in T10T. It too is a two button remote....

Thanks, guys for the responces. I know there is a T10T, T9T, T5T, T7T. I asked the dealer what the part # was and he said he didn't know. The first dealer I talked to couldn't even get into the program and then my engine light came on later and I had no reverse lights or OD. I fixed that, they blew a fuse. So I'll try the T10T remote and see if it works.

OnryXJ said:
Thanks, guys for the responces. I know there is a T10T, T9T, T5T, T7T. I asked the dealer what the part # was and he said he didn't know. The first dealer I talked to couldn't even get into the program and then my engine light came on later and I had no reverse lights or OD. I fixed that, they blew a fuse. So I'll try the T10T remote and see if it works.

dude my experience with my jeep dealer in my area has been horrible. they dont know there ass from there elbow and there to ignorant to know that.

Back