• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tough times with RE brake line clip

EMSJEEP

NAXJA Forum User
Lost a retaining clip from my brake line bracket, local auto parts negative, RE doesn't know where they buy the kits from, suggested I call a few other companies to try to track one down (quadratec).

No one else seems to have them at all.

RE suggests I use bailing wire or bungee cord to hold brake line in place, they are very sorry that they cannot provide me with the part.

Anyone know where to get this piece? It would be easy to make, but I'm at school with few tools.

Thanks,
AP

The Ace hardware local to my parents place always had those clips in stock. I won't be down that way in the next couple days but I'll look when I get down there.

Junk yard!!

OK, so here is the deal:
Crown Performance makes the parts for RE, and though RE claims that they will not sell them to me in batches less than 2000 when I called they were more than happy to sell me one, which cost a total of $1, the only problem is that there is a $25 minimum credit card purchase, so I will have a few extra sets but they are more than available. Thing is RE, who buys complete kits from Crown, didn't even have their phone number or website and suggested that I call Quadratec. The rep spent most of the time telling me that I didn't need what I was asking for and that a bungee cord would do...so not so happy but situation resolved.
Heres a link for future searchers:
http://www.crownperformance.com/
Phone: 760-599-0090

Back