• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

best way of removing solid spring perches??

wishihad1

NAXJA Forum User
hey everybody

ive got a waggy 44. i bought a tnt truss for a LP 44. everything fits great besides one of the lower control arm mounts. both of the original spring perches are really on there. one of them is just like an exension of the pumpkin, and is just solid metal square, and the other is just a regular perch with no "air" underneath it. seems like it was molded to the tubes. i guess i could grind away about about a 3X3 piece of metal, but that would take hours...any suggestions

sawzall down, sawzall across. Done. Had to do this on some perches cast into the housing. Get a long blade and go at it.

While the perches themselves are semi-solid,they are only welded on the sides,grinder is the ticket!

I used a thin cutoff wheel on my 4.5" angle grinder and buzzed them right off.

Oxy ascetalyne torch... it'll take 'em right off, and it's fun too!

fire.......:flame::gee:

I'd rather spend 2 minutes torchin than 5 minutes grinding!

exactly!!!

On the waggy 44 front the drivers side is cast.
when they are welded on just use a 4.5inch angle grinder and a bit of time.

As a welder of 15 yrs I do not suggest torching cast material unless you are very sure of it's content, quality, and material grade. Espacially if it has ben soaked in oil or other fluids. Either grinding or sawing will work best IMO.

pataterchip said:
As a welder of 15 yrs I do not suggest torching cast material unless you are very sure of it's content, quality, and material grade. Espacially if it has ben soaked in oil or other fluids. Either grinding or sawing will work best IMO.

I'm sad to say it, but that makes sense...

could be like a :fuse:

Back