• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Problems accelerate

cherokiento90

NAXJA Forum User
Hello. I am new to the forum, I have a pionner Cherokee, the 90-engined 4.0 HO, ARB locking front and rear lift 4 ", etc. MT tires ....

I have the following problem when I leave my house the Cherokee amiss, but at the time as 10km walks begins with jolts to leave by accelerating not respond well, I must raise the rpm tired and quit walking well, once taken speed amiss , had no problem in relenti or high, just to accelerate ...

TPS me an said, Maf, cable loose.

You think.

Best Regard
Chetokiento90
pd. Excuse the English, I do not speak much, so I have to use a translator

Not to sound like a jerk, but you may have to find a better translator....your post is very difficult to read and I have no idea what your problem is and what you're asking.

Sounds like a "stumbling on acceleration" when warm (after 10km of driving). It also sounds like when the RPM's are up it's OK and the problem is only when accelerating.

Is that right?

If that is his problem, then I'd have to say it sounds like the TPS to me......seems like if he searched he could have found plenty of other threads with hesitation or stumbling problems!!!!

ParadiseXJ said:
Sounds like a "stumbling on acceleration" when warm (after 10km of driving). It also sounds like when the RPM's are up it's OK and the problem is only when accelerating.

Is that right?

Yes, that's right:roflmao: Sorry, but I find it quite English, why use the translater

Time to lighten things up here. The way I see it he has 3 problems, one he has a Jeep (LOL :laugh3:), two we don't sprechen zie his language (LOL) and three his jeep does not like to accelerate.

I suspect the language barrier is even more difficult for him regarding doing a search and getting useful info from the results. Also, most newbies don't even know what to start searching for. I usually try to get them started with a list of key words I would search for based on the symptoms.

Based on that he could have one or more wiring harness, fuel or sensor problems. A bad TPS is a very likely choice, but not the only possibilty.

Can you be more specific as to when the problem occures and when it does not occure?

Oh, and if it does not stumble on acceleration when cold, it might be a problem with the O2 sensor or connections, or a loose MAP sensor vacuum line at the throttle body.

Hello.

Thanks for trying to understand.

The problem occurs when temperature is at work, not cold, the check engine does not turn on.

They are jerks when leaving.

Takes speed and walk without jerks

En Español.

Al salir con el motor a temperatura de trabajo, tiene tirones y se ahoga, logro levantar rpm y anda bien, el Check engine no se prende.

No ocurre siempre.

...or with another online translator...

"When leaving with the motor to temperature of work, it has pulls and one suffocates, profit to raise rpm and it walks well, the Check engine does not fall in love. It always does not happen."

...or...my best translation in real language...When engine reaches operating temperature it seems to tug (buck) and drown (no fuel? spark?) With RPM's up it cruises fine. Check engine light is not on.
It doesn't happen all the time.

Now can someone help this guy?:dunno:

If his problem is occasional bucking, I would guess the Oxygen sensor. What RPM does it buck at, highway speeds or accelerating from a stop?
The Oxygen sensor often causes problems around 2000 RPM.
Low speed (and idle) miss and bucking during acceleration can be ignition, likely the spark plug cables.

Last edited:
Back