• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Couple of Clutch Questions

jrsmith_80

NAXJA Forum User
I am getting ready to replace the clutch in my 88 Cherokee with a 4.0. Is this the right replacement for the clutch.

http://www.autozone.com/R,APP351017/vehicleId,1653702/initialAction,partProductDetail/store,1633/partType,00179/shopping/partProductDetail.htm

I live about 45 mile from the closest auto parts house, and they arent very good.When I tear into it I want to have all the stuff I need. I am more concerned with the spline count and the clutch diameter. If you guys can think of anything else I need right off hand let me know. Also while I am thinking about it is there an automatic trannythat bolt right up the the 4.0 and does not require all of the computer crap (exp. TH350, I know this will not work but you get the point)? That may be an option as well. I will also be replacing the slave cylinder, the master cylinder was already replaced shortly before I aquired the jeep. Thanks for the help in advance.

Jeremy

thats the same one i put in, i also put a new flywheel in. O yeah very important buy a new output inner shaft seal. The one that seals the tranny fluid in. I didnt put one in mine because i didnt leak when i pulled the tranny out but when i put the tranny back in i guess banging it around caused it to have a small leak. So buy a new one even if urs is good.

The clutch still seems to be ok but I have to replace the slave cylinder and so I figured while I am in there I might as well do the clutch since I have no idea when it was changed or how many miles it has on it.

Back