• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Currie LCA bracket problem-who has them?

NCCherokee

NAXJA Forum User
I picked up a set of currie's LCA brackets as I bent my passenger side up pretty good, and I'm worried about its durability once I get the 3-link installed. They came in, looked pretty stout at 3/16" thick, and formed from one piece of metal. However, I was mocking them up on my HP30, and the radius cut into the bracket for the axle tube is too big! I haven't measured, but I think the D30 tube is 2.5" in diameter, and the brackets look like they were cut for 3".

these brackets are designed and marketed specifically for Jeep Cherokees and jeepspeed. What I want to know is if they are supposed to be that much bigger than the tube? I don't weld, but it seems like it will be nearly impossible to fill the void when welding them on. Does anyone else have these brackets, and has anyone had a problem with them?

Should I just send them back to currie and ask for a smaller radius, or should I just modify them myself with a 4.5" angle grinder and call it good? The problem with modifying them myself is that i'm trying to make the radius smaller, not larger. I can't add material, so I'm stuck removing a lot to make it flush with the tube. Anyone have any other ideas?

edit: here is a link to the product I am talking about.
http://www.currieenterprises.com/CEStore/Product569.aspx?id=1275

yeah I'd do that, except its Sunday, and I don't know if they'll even be open on MLK day, so I figured it couldn't hurt to ask. My only time to work on this stuff is every other weekend, this being one of the ones I can work, and so I wanted to see if anyone else had this problem besides myself.

Back