• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Thank You Hans!!

2xtreme

NAXJA Forum User
Hans and I ended up in our own little convoy on the way home and ended up doing exactly what convoy's do best.

1. Fixed a fender flare falling off of a XJ
2. Offered to help a motorist that seemed to be down on his luck (turned out his attitude got the best of him, apparantly he didn't want any help)
3. Met a fellow NAXJA person at a gas station waiting for a friend getting him parts (XJLaw?)
4. Changed a blown out rear tire on my motorhome (in about Nascar timing, in the smallest gas station you could possibly find, in the way of everything:)).

Hans, Thank you very much for the help, hope the rest of your drive was uneventfull.

Michael
PS. I will be buying a CB for the Motorhome VERY shortly!!

Well made back to Spokane about 5:30. But the Subarban did not make it. Do not know what is wrong with it, have to call the shop where it is at in Pasco.

No thank you Lee brothers for some great spotting. Yea you need another base for your motorhome.

That 16 year old gas attendant was pretty shocked. We could have made it alittle more Nascar like if Michael had let me use an air impact.

And Michael fix your rear light bar. I think that your ground and parking light wire are switched.

Sorry to hear that the Sub didn't make it home. You should have thrown it onto the trailer and pulled it home with the Jeep:D

There shouldn't be anything wrong with the wiring. I have used this several times behind several vehicles and they have always worked. I suspect that the plug that I am useing (adaptor) must be the wrong one. I think I have another one, I will have to check.

Jodi, Sorry to hear about the Suburban. Let us know how it goes. It is best not to try to pull it behind the Jeep. Hans and I saw a U-haul truck towing a BIG Suburban on a trailer and I do not think it was doing to well;)

Michael

did you notice what was wrong with it. Folded lower quarter panel, big tires, rear axle wider then the IFS, and a 10 bolt rearend.

I think too much traction was his problem.:D

2xtreme said:
Jody, Sorry to hear about the Suburban. Let us know how it goes. It is best not to try to pull it behind the Jeep. Hans and I saw a U-haul truck towing a BIG Suburban on a trailer and I do not think it was doing to well;)

Michael

The Suburban is at the Chevy dealer in Pasco. Talk to them today it spun a rod bearing and a main bearing, needs a new engine. Good thing I bought a warranty with it.

And thank you to everyone at the event, especially Phil and Sniggs.

XJourney said:
did you notice what was wrong with it. Folded lower quarter panel, big tires, rear axle wider then the IFS, and a 10 bolt rearend.

I think too much traction was his problem.:D

I did notice the quarter panel, big tires. But how could it have a 10 bolt and the rearend be wider than the IFS front? That poor old U-Haul truck!!

Talk to them today it spun a rod bearing and a main bearing, needs a new engine. Good thing I bought a warranty with it.

Sorry to hear about the engine. I am looking forward to that happening to my wife's Sub so that I can stroke it to a 383:) Just hope the timming is right;) Apparantly sometimes the warranties do pay off!!

Michael

2xtreme said:
I did notice the quarter panel, big tires. But how could it have a 10 bolt and the rearend be wider than the IFS front? That poor old U-Haul truck!!
Michael

That was the big clue. On most lifted IFS chevys the front is 6" wider then the rear. But when you snap a shaft, you shove it in as far as it will go and hope it doesn't fall out when loading on a Uhaul trailer. Plus I could see his brake shoes:D

It was nice meeting you Hans, its always nice meeting another person in the bodyshop industry. Our storys can always sit down a crowd and entertain for a while with the things we see:)

hope to meet up with you soon again.

James.

The most eventful part of our trip so far...

Stopping in Cottage Grove, OR, for a shower and the nights sleep.

Jason

JMotorsprt said:
The most eventful part of our trip so far...

Stopping in Cottage Grove, OR, for a shower and the nights sleep.

Jason

Did you stay at the Holiday Inn there?

I think it was the Comfort Inn.

Got to tour the beaches a little today with my Cousin and spend the evening visiting other relatives. Very nice. There house made my jaw drop.

Anyway. We are driving around. I saw more Ferrari's, Lamborghinis, and Bentleys than Corvettes or Vipers. It was fun to see. Everything is so money orientated down here. Glad I don't live here.

They were closed but we swung by Foose Designs and West Coast Choppers. It was fun to see the location where Monster garage was filmed along with the other shops. Foose opens his shop to the public when his guys are on lunch between 12 and 1. Sucks, Missed that window.

Later
Jason

Back