• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where's the trailer wiring harness?

GSP

NAXJA Forum User
The dealer suggested that it might be tucked up under the bumper, but it ain't there. Could it be hiding somewhere else? It's a '98 and there is a receiver on it. Maybe the wiring was an option? TIA

yeah, I was gonna say something like that...

Yep, remove the spare and side panel. Hoppy makes a plug in harness. It plugs in between the left tailight plug and the harness. You need the one with the convertor. Its listed in the catalog. Its very neat and clean set up. No cuts or splices.

needsrepair said:
Yep, remove the spare and side panel. Hoppy makes a plug in harness. It plugs in between the left tailight plug and the harness. You need the one with the convertor. Its listed in the catalog. Its very neat and clean set up. No cuts or splices.

Who's Hoppy? Got a link? I need one for my "99"

I keep mine coiled up in the corner, I have the tomken bumper with the built in hitch and use it about 2-6 times a year. I'll be using it more if I can scrape up the bucks for a 1/4 ton trailer a local guy is selling. Then I'll need to find one of those pintle ends like the military uses. I might make a trip down to ft dix and go thru the 'vehicles ready to taken out to the impact areas as targets' and score one.

Back